Pre-Signed URLs

pineapplelife

Does this plugin support pre-signed urls for media? Would like to potentially shift from Amazon S3 but I need URL/Image security.

Unfortunately, it's is a need because it's how BuddyBoss stores media and I can't change that
Okay, just trying to make sure I understand what you have here... the images are being uploaded by BuddyBoss to unique/non-standard directories, and they aren't leveraging WordPress Media (like the images I assume aren't showing up in the WordPress Media area)?

If that's the case (and they aren't showing up in the Media section), they really would need to get involved in order to utilize R2 for their stuff. If they do show up in the Media are of WordPress, it might be possible to leverage the filters/actions for the media to make it do what you want.

But if they are 100% doing their own thing, in their own directories and not using normal WordPress Media or filters/actions for media, not really sure there's much we can do to force them into R2 and presigned URLs.

Okay, just trying to make sure I understand what you have here... the images are being uploaded by BuddyBoss to unique/non-standard directories, and they aren't leveraging WordPress Media (like the images I assume aren't showing up in the WordPress Media area)?

If that's the case (and they aren't showing up in the Media section), they really would need to get involved in order to utilize R2 for their stuff. If they do show up in the Media are of WordPress, it might be possible to leverage the filters/actions for the media to make it do what you want.

But if they are 100% doing their own thing, in their own directories and not using normal WordPress Media or filters/actions for media, not really sure there's much we can do to force them into R2 and presigned URLs.

Maybe I can share some details offline from this public chat about how Media Cloud does this without needing Buddyboss involvement, and show how the custom directories are structured and used? You should have my email and we can connect.

Back